Skip Navigation

Property Insurance in Ontario

Padfield-Nelson Insurance Brokers Limited offers property insurance services for people throughout Ontario. At our company we offer a broad range of property insurance coverage including:



Farms - A farm insurance policy combines the standard coverage offered by a personal homeowner’s policy with commercial property and liability coverage. The benefit of a farm policy is that it can be customized to the needs of the insured. Bill and Julie have a farming background that aids in understanding the complexities of farming as well as the unique needs and nuances of the business.


Rental properties - What does landlord insurance cover? Landlord insurance typically covers the building or portion of the property that you are renting, from fire, water and wind damage, just like a homeowners policy. It will also replace lost rental income if you are unable to rent the space due to an insured loss. Learn more


Builder’s risk - Builder's risk insurance is "coverage that protects the insurable interest of a person or of a business in materials, fixtures and/or equipment being used in the construction or renovation of a building or structure should those items sustain physical loss or damage from a covered cause. Let our experienced Brokers review the market for this specialized form of insurance in order to obtain the most favourable rates and terms.

Homeowners – Homeowners’ insurance covers damages and losses to an individual’s house or property. The insurance provides liability coverage against accidents on the property or in the home. Also, if you plan to mortgage your house, you are required to provide proof of insurance for your property. The policy usually covers exterior and interior damage, loss or damage to personal assets, and injuries  suffered while on the property. However, damages caused by natural calamities are typically excluded from standard homeowners’ insurance policies.

Condominium owners – Condominium insurance is also known as HO6 insurance. This type of insurance offers condo unit owners coverage for their properties, helps cover costs if the unit is uninhabitable, and also protects against liability claims. All common areas, interior features, roofs, walls, and elevators are covered under a condominium insurance policy. However, the insurance does not offer coverage in situations like floods.

Apartment dwellers – Apartment dwellers’ insurance or renters’ insurance are policies to insure your belongings and liability. Renters’ insurance covers damages to your personal belongings from burglary, vandalism, and fire. The insurance covers items such as appliances, furniture, bedding, electronics, art and more.

Business owners – The business owners’ insurance policy offers business owners protection from all major property and liability risks in one package. The business interruption insurance covers loss of income resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that disrupts the flow or operation of business. Whether you own an auto repair shop or retail store, a business owners’ policy can be tailored to your requirements.

Liability for commercial, special events, parties – As a business owner, you might organize special events or parties for your clients and employees. In such situations, you would want to stay protected against anything that may go wrong. It is advisable that you have an insurance to cover you for special events and parties. Event insurance gives you the peace of mind you need to enjoy every event.

Recreational properties – Insurance for seasonal or secondary properties is different from your home insurance. A recreational insurance covers specific risks, such as explosion, fire, or smoke damage. Coverage for risks like water damage and vandalism may be expensive as recreational properties have part-time occupancy. Common exclusions are damage or loss of fences, garden equipment, outdoor plants, trees, and shrubs.

Call us now to schedule an appointment in person or by telephone. You can also reach out to us at insure@winfinancial.com877-323-1567 or 519-323-1864 if you’ve got any queries.

Home Insurance

Consult with our advisors for a stress-free insurance process.


Padfield-Nelson Insurance Brokers Limited

149 Main Street South

Mount Forest, ON

N0G 2L0

Phone: 519-323-1864

Toll-Free: 1-877-323-1567


Fax: 519-323-1896


Monday - Friday 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Saturday - Sunday Closed


Covering all of Ontario

Created by

Legal notice